I'm happy to announce that late last week we pushed out our first updates to the Orange Squeeze 1.2 series. This release incorporates tons of bug fixes and introduces new browsing modes based on Logitech's Jive platform. This means that Orange Squeeze is now compatible with most of the server-side plugins that you may be accustomed to using like CustomBrowse, Biography, MusicInfo, etc. With these updates come a few new bugs (thus the 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 releases so soon after 1.2.0), so you can expect more frequent bug fixes as we iron out the problems. Your patience is appreciated!
- Uses new communications framework that mimics the behavior of SqueezePlay, SqueezeBox Touch and Squeezebox Radio devices.
- Supports a wide variety of server plugins that alter the browsing characteristics of Squeezebox devices.
- Item pinning allows the addition of certain higher-level menu items to the home menu.
- Supports disabling artist artwork in preferences, if desired.
- Indicator when network-driven popups are being loaded
- Add option to pause/resume players when a call is made (previously only muting/unmuting was an option).
- Fix crash on launch if database upgrade failed or was incomplete.
- Various menu handling fixes and improvements
- Volume button was not visible in landscape mode in "Now Playing"
- Better and more graceful handling when network connection drops.
- Fix certain crashes when loading the artist list, due to problems building the artist artwork.
- Plenty of stability improvements; too many to list individually.
- A failed connection attempt via "Switch Server" no longer ends the existing connection.