OLD Orange Squeeze Beta Status
(site updated 2017/09/15, latest beta release 2014/06/09)
These features are not currently available in the beta, but will be gradually reintroduced over the next few months.
Major New Features
- UI redesign, including an early version of the long-awaited "Light" theme (still in progress, please be patient)
- Lock screen controls and artwork on newer devices
- Notification bar controls
- Multi-server support
- Muzei Live Wallpaper integration
- Better diagnostics support making it easier to submit complete log files.
- The now playing screen is missing some key information, such as album, ratings, year, etc.
- There is no one-click way to view the full-size, uncropped artwork. With most server versions you can view artwork from the three-dot menu ("Show Artwork"). What you see in the now playing screen is known as full-bleed and is intended to be cropped so that there are no borders on the screen, unless the artwork happens to fit your device screen aspect ratio perfectly.
- There is some lag in visual responsiveness after changing track, etc.
- Multi-source support is preliminary; moving players between sources is not well-supported.
- There are no shuffle/repeat buttons on phone-sized devices.
- "Light" themes need quite a bit of visual refinement still.
- The current playlist UI is not complete.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/06/09)
Fix bug where search progress spinner would never disappear.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/06/01)
- Fix an annoying crash introduced in the last beta. Only happened when two or more players were playing different playlists -- frequent for some, not for many others.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/30)
- Browsing into items with the same name as the current item (e.g. "Boston" artist, "Boston" self-titled album) would not work.
- A few crash reports in the [temporary] playlist view.
- Assorted other fixes.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/29)
- SqueezePlayer integration fixes. Will now prompt you to select a music source when launching with multiple sources connected.
- Further improvements to mute/pause unmute/unpause on call received routines.
- Attempts to ferret out some of the connectivity instability a few have seen.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/28)
- Better behavior when device comes out of sleep mode with app often. If player and server still exists on network, you shouldn't lose your browse position any longer to a "Connecting..." screen.
- Added some additional control options to the list of intents that the app will listen for, specifically some volume control options.
- Fixed some situations where device would not pause/resume properly on receiving phone calls.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/23)
- Added back in a temporary current playlist view, accessible from expanded now playing screen. This is not the final UI, just a placeholder to get the feature back in place.
- Startup improvements when multiple sources are involved. Defaults to last user player if it exists, but after connections are established will fall through to autoselect a powered on player.
- Connection dialog fixes.
- SqueezePlayer integration fixes.
- Fixed many download bugs.
- Crash fixes.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/20)
- General connectivity improvements, more sensible transitions between connected, connecting and disconnected.
- Fix for not always loading customized root menu list.
- A few UI tweaks and improvements.
- Crash fixes.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/13)
- Dark+Compact theme was broken.
- Preliminary Light and Light+Compact themes added.
- "Show artwork" from Now Playing three-dot menu was not hooked up.
- Various state changes such as rotating the device and the screen turning off were resetting the browse tree.
- Plenty of other small UI tweaks and bug fixes.
2.5.0 Beta (2014/05/10)
- Several crashes fixed.
- Checkboxes weren't working properly for Random Mix.
- "Customize menus" feature was broken.
- Up/back navigation wasn't working reliably when browsing.
2.5.0 Beta (2014-05-09)
- Initial release.