Orange Squeeze Changelog
- Bring back visual styling of old popup menus with improved behaviors of new popups.
- Improve SqueezeNetwork connection behavior.
- Support for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Sorry the momentary breakage.
- Accessibility improvements within the UI, such as content description for images.
- Improvements to genre browsing and artist artwork generation for Logitech Media Server 7.5.x (older version only).
- Fix some potential connection issues.
- Fix an issue where app service would start on every phone call even if the preference to automatically mute/pause was not enabled.
- Fix the behavior where SqueezePlayer was auto-launched as a result of phone call mute/pause actions.
- Fix an issue where SqueezePlayer would be auto-launched and chosen as the active player during startup even when it was not the previously active player.
- Fixed an issue where the "Waiting for network connectivity" message hangs on "Connecting..." screen.
- Be a bit more aggressive in starting and selecting a SqueezePlayer instance.
- Much improved behavior of drag and drop + slide to remove lists such as menu customization and current playlists.
- Fixed some issues with SqueezePlayer autoselection after startup.
- Fixed some network connectivity detection issues, particularly on Android 5.0.
- Several other miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
- Fix regression in 2.0.13: Home screen widgets were no longer working.
- Downloaded tracks that are transcoded to MP3 will have now have their track duration tag written. This turns out to be somewhat useless because many players will still ignore the valid tag. Still, better than nothing.
- Many changes and updates surrounding browsing. Plugins such as Dynamic Playlist and Trackstat should function better.
- Logging and Diagnostic improvements backported from the 2.5 beta.
- Minor visual tweaks.
- Support for web links from Michael Herger's excellent Music Artist Information plugin.
- Checkboxes for genre selection weren't working in Random Mix (bug #143) and Alarm Settings (bug #161).
- Downloads of MP3's were failing on many devices. FLAC and other formats were unaffected.
- Better mapping of track/album artists when tagging transcoded MP3 files.
- This upgrade improves server discovery to ensure compatibility with the current 2.5 preview release.
- When setting alarm volumes, include current volume slider value.
- Removed alphabetic separators from lists. They were dumb.
- Adding new downloads would sometimes abort existing downloads.
- Extras menu goes missing on some server versions.
- Fix an isolated crash when scrolling.
- New customize option in left menu drawer, allows you to choose which items appear in the root menu drawer, along with changing the order.
- Improved image loading performance.
- Various other tweaks and changes, most too small to notice.
- Fix some compatibility issues with server version 7.8 betas, particularly with respect to artist artwork
- Fix some compatibility issues with server version 7.3.x.
- Fix a cache bug causing several out of memory conditions.
- Fix stuttering when scrolling main initial menu pages.
- Fix an inadvertent connection failure on many older devices.
- Missing WOL broadcast when reconnecting to server.
- Long-press some items would also trigger selection of item.
- Various crash fixes.
- Connection to server will drop if all players are stopped, even if the device is charging. This lets the server go to sleep if it is configured to to do so.
- Downloaded/transcoded MP3 tracks will now set typical ID3v2 metadata and artwork from the server.
- Downloading single tracks was broken.
- Further fixes to keep server connections open while charging and also using unmetered data connections.
- Transitioning between one or more players to no players while connected to a server was broken.
- Fix some situations where switching servers would leave player lists incomplete.
- As usual, a few isolated crashes.
- Sporadic crash when removing players.
- Crash on older devices when clicking the notification while a cache wipe is occurring.
- Always allow swipe from right side to open player drawer.
- If device is charging, network connections will be preserved indefinitely even if screen turns off.
- Action bar icons for clear/save playlist in current playlist view.
- Request confirmation before clearing playlist.
- Player drawer now includes players on other servers that were previously only visible on the full player list.
- Can now search for track name text by clicking track name.
- "Loading menu..." would occasionally never go away.
- Track thumbnail and details would sometimes not load properly or be confused.
- In player settings, changes to alarms now reflected in reloaded menus.
- In player settings, unnecessary use of grid for items that are better suited to a list.
- Thumbs-up for Pandora (and other thumb-friendly services) would not result in proper visual feedback and track boundaries were not being detected properly.
- Initial state of Thumbs up, Thumbs Down, and other buttons could be incorrect on occasion.
- Thumbnail artwork in current playing status bar would reload far too often.
- Player list would occasionally get confused and show players in a one-item synchronization group.
- Browse by music folder should use list, there is no artwork to show.
- A few Squeezebox Server 7.5.x compatibility fixes.
- Switching servers would leave players in confused state.
- Some server-provided icons (not artwork) was not loading with the best possible image.
- Progress bar was not present and enabled properly for some streams (e.g. Pandora, Deezer).
- When playing local albums and artists, clicking text should browse to local items instead of searches.
- Various improvements and fixes to the performance of the player list.
- Metadata for remote streams wasn't updating in the current playlist view.
- Certain artwork URL's would trigger a crash.
- Long-press on pause button will send "stop" command.
- Fixed compatibility with Dynamic Playlist plugin.
- Crash when searching, under certain circumstances.
- Several other rare crashes.
- In the current playlist, item names were being truncated at one line. Instead, we now word wrap to new lines so that playlist items can always be distinguished.
- Artifacts (year, track #) on now playing screen were present after clearing playlist.
- New UI based on the Android action bar and navigation drawer patterns.
- Grid mode for tablet-class devices. This was a long time coming, because we wanted the artwork loading to be fast and seamless on a wide variety of devices. It's working well on most devices that we are aware of.
- New artist artwork generation technique - it uses a more traditional grid instead of the overlapping cards model in the past.
- The current playlist view is updated to include some nice gestures, such as swipe-to-remove and also long-press to reorder. Overall the current playlist view is faster and more robust than before.
- Orange Squeeze will now broadcast track and player metadata, allowing consumption of track and player metadata by third-party apps.
- New track download backend that works around some issues with the previous one based on the Android download manager. Truth be told, this isn't an area that we will be focusing on, but we do want it working well enough for everyone so you can get the job done. Spit and polish for this feature will have to take a backseat to most other issues.
- Browse fixes so that lots of plugins that weren't working, now do. Examples include Lyrics plugin, album review, more advanced Album Artwork plugins, etc. Expect some additional improvements to browsing as well.
- Improved media key button handling. There is more to come on this front, as additional options are added.
- Improved support for Michael Herger's "Music and Artist Information" plugin. In particular, picture lists are now displayed with captions and can be viewed full-size.